Pages

Friday 26 April 2013

Undertaking Love by Kat French

review by Maryom

When Marla Jacobs, owner of the Little White Wedding Chapel, realises she's going to have a funeral parlour for a neighbour she isn't best pleased. After all which happy couple would want to have their big day disrupted by the sight of a hearse? Then she meets the drop-dead gorgeous owner ..... will it be love or war?

As I expected, Undertaking Love is a lightweight, predictable read. I enjoy the occasional rom-com - no one wants to spend all their time reading high brow literature or gory thrillers - but I found this tended more towards romantic fiction which isn't quite my 'thing'. It didn't have the laugh out loud or ridiculous cringe-worthy moments I love when reading, say, Bridget Jones or The Shopaholic series. I thought the subplot in which the marriage of Marla's assistant Emily is going through a rough patch, increased by the pressure of trying to conceive, was more interesting and less predictable than the main 'will it end happy ever after' one.

A good book for the romantically inclined but sadly not one for me.

Maryom's Review - 3 stars
Publisher - Authonomy
Genre - chick lit,  romantic fiction

Buy Undertaking Love from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment